Start the month off with a festive meeting! In case you wondered what these Griffith Park meetings are like, here’s your chance to see. These meetings are always open to the public, and new people are warmly welcome. I don’t think food has ever been offered before, so take advantage and come on by! Fun walk afterwards looking at the DWP lights the way they can best be seen – on foot.
PROS MEETING AGENDA DECEMBER 1, 2008
Griffith Park Ranger Station Meeting Room, 4730 Crystal Springs Drive Griffith Park
Holiday Fare and Beverages available at 6:45
Meeting Agenda starts promptly at 7 p.m.
followed by an 8 o’clock Winter Walk through the DWP Festival of Lights in Griffith Park
1. Call to order and introductions.
2. Forest Lawn EIR Scoping Meeting — Report on November 19th City of Los Angeles Draft EIR Public Scoping Meeting for Forest Lawn’s 40-year Master Plan to develop the balance of its undeveloped site as cemetary property. Much of this land is currently naturally forested and abuts Griffith Park. (10 min)
3. Griffith Park Landmark Update – Report on October 31, 2008 Cultural Heritage Commission Meeting and steps we can take during City Council phase to help the family of Colonel Griffith have Griffith Park designated an L.A. Historic Cultural Monument. Discussion & possible action. (20 min)
4. L.A. Zoo Elephants – Overview of sanctuary vs. exhibit controversy currently at City Council and its potential impact on Griffith Park. Discussion & possible action. (15 min)
5. OLD BUSINESS (10 minutes)
a. Screen Actors Guild Plaque at Mineral Wells – Bernadette Soter
b. Greek Theater Vermont Canyon Recreational Access Issues – Lucinda Phillips
6. Committee and public comment on non-agenda items (10 min)
And then…Griffith Park DWP Festival of Lights Walk!