Welcome to the virtual home of Donna Barstow! I’m an editorial and New Yorker cartoonist for venues like Barron’s, Wall Street Journal, Psychology Today, Slate, and dozens of other magazines and papers, but let’s get right down to it: How do you get your mitts on some of these cartoons for yourself?
How you can buy cartoons
Just get the caption and/or the ID number and email me at Donna Barstow (no spaces) at (the at symbol) gmail.com). I will email you the full-res cartoon, remove the copyright symbol, and it’s ready for print or your online galleries. Prices are below.
|Buy Cartoons For||Fee|
|Advertising, Books, Licensing||Email me.|
|Company Website or Blog||--||Little - $90||Big - $175|
|Newsletter, print or online||--||Under 5,000 circ - $90||Over 5,000 circ - $175|
|Newspaper, one shot||--||Under 50,000 - $45||Over 50,000 - $100|
|Presentations||--||One time - $60||One year - $90|
|Teachers - School||$19||Over 100 copies - $35|
Tips on how to use the cartoons
If you want more than one cartoon, I’ll reduce the prices by 10%. Just email me.
- Company website or blog: $90 for small, $175 for big. You know who you are.
- Commercial newsletter, either print or online: $90 under 5000 circulation, $175 over 5,000
- Corporate Newsletters, online or print: $90 for under 5000 circulation, $175 for over.
- Newspapers, one cartoon: $45 for circulation below 50,000, $100 for 50,000 and up. (Hint: it’s much much cheaper if you subscribe to a weekly feature!)
- Personal hardcopy: $23 Will sign it if you wish. Prints are on acid-free artist paper, on 8 1/2″ x 11″ paper with a nice border for a mat or frame. First Class shipping is free. A portion of sales for this will be donated to a charitable animal welfare group.
- Presentations: This is what everyone is asking for, right?! $60 for one time use, $90 for a year. Goes down to $75 every successive year.
- Self-published book or e-book: $45. I gotta publish one of these, too.
- Social Media or personal Blog: $19. Pay, and lose the guilt.
- Teachers: $19. If you are making over 100 copies, $35.
I continue to own all copyright of my cartoons. Please do link to Donna Barstow Cartoons, and/or include ©D. Barstow along side any that you buy. Thanks a bunch!
How to buy cartoons for venues not listed here: magazines, textbooks, Chicken Soup books, advertising, licensing and newspaper features.
Call me or email me to buy for these places. I probably already have working relationships with you, or similar media, for these bigger markets and it’s easy to figure out pricing from past buys. For newspaper features, please take a look at my Weekly Comics page for my regular weekly features.
No Freebies, sorry
I offer reduced rates if more than 2 cartoons are purchased, by a. No cartoon here is free, even for teachers and students. Using cartoons without permission is illegal and is subject to fines up to $150,000 plus legal fees. Fair Use does not have different laws for schools; there are 4 rules for Fair Use, so this is an excellent time to teach students about copyright! Did you know copyright was made into law so artists wouldn’t starve to death? True.
Have fun with Paypal
There are two Paypal buttons here to include all the wonderful ways you could use cartoons, so just pick the one that matches how you would like to use it. Paypal accepts all major credit cards, and of course, Paypal. Very convenient for international buyers! Please name your company, school, website, etc, in the space provided, as you pay.
We love you guys for loving our cartoons, and for visiting here! But we’re practical, too. We register our work with the copyright office. We pursue violators. With the smile of a predator.
Any other questions? Email me: Donna Barstow (no spaces) at gmail.com.